Re: LF: [500] G3GRO QSO G3WCB 503.500 kHz

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: [500] G3GRO QSO G3WCB 503.500 kHz
From: "DEREK ATTER" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 21:58:21 -0000
Sender: [email protected]

Attn Dave, G3YXM,

Hi Dave,

On 21/03/07 you wrote < Whoops!  Sorry about the QRM>

No problem Dave,  I could hear your in CW calling in beacon mode abot 501.5kHz and Dave G3WCB on QRSS3 at the same time on 503.5kHz calling CQ and I was hovering between both of you in the hopes of attracting attention from one or the other but I guess I came a bit close to your frequency when I called and I did not realise that Dav's RX was a bit wide so he was hearing you also..
  Sorry that you did not make it with Malta that night by the way.

It is noticeable that QSB is more in evidence on 500kHz by comparison with 136kHz and on that evening, you were dipping from about RST 539 almost down into the noise. Like you, I have rough rasping SMPU sproggy which drifts across the band from time to time!

Hope to work you soon,

73,  Derek G3GRO