LF: Re: 500kc activity...

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: 500kc activity...
From: "MIKE REID" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 03:33:50 -0600
Sender: [email protected]
There were a few on tonight but the signals here were not that strong as last night. Lots of Loran chatter tonight. I need to build a 100kc notch filter to lessen the racket. Do you hear the carrier on 500.00kc? Lots of reports of a strong carrier right on 500 since Friday evening. Some think it is a west coast (US) signal but there is no ID which would be required here. A possible pirate some are saying since this is the 100 year aniversery of the 500kc marine band I believe with stations worldwide working the freq and others in the 600 meter band.

Oh well, time for bed. It's 3:32am USA Central time. Talk to you next time...Have a nice Sunday!!!

Mike
WE0H
WD2XGI
WD2XSH/16