Re: LF: Grabber II is ON !

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Grabber II is ON !
From: Jean-Pierre Godet <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2006 11:15:21 +0100 (CET)
Sender: [email protected]
  Thank you, Jean-Pierre, for this info.

On Sat, 4 Nov 2006, MIKE REID wrote:

... From 505.00kc to 507.00kc would be OK. It would have to be set for plain CW as the US guys are only running regular CW.

  Hello, Mike !

I hope soon to receive your signal and I'm trying hard to improve the receiving condition to do that, without help of the machine, that means by ear only. BTW, a french guy, Daniel F1TAY, claimed that he received, yesterday november 3rd, regular telegraphy on 500 kHz at about 2035 ==> 2150 UTC. Unfortunately, I was not at home and I saw his mail too late, reading it after midnight, and nothing was heard here... This station was far away from the regular 505 - 507 area, but near our old calling frequency, on 501.4 kHz said Daniel. The text was "cq cq de 500 kcs 100 years", something like that, without an identification of the station by a callsign.

Is somebody on the reflector knows about this signal ? European pirate ? Ghost of a R.O. ?

An other thing, unrelated. Our friend Manfred Kerckhoff (Germany, Bremen University) is receiving a new VLF station on 18.6 kHz, strong in northern Germany, but very weak here. The bearing in Bremen is 107 / 287 deg. Manfred will be glad to get info, and perhaps the bearing from your QTH to confirm the location of this new station :
[email protected]

  Thank you.
  Have a good week-end !

  Jean-Pierre - f5yg