LF: Re: Very Annoying Aricle

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: Very Annoying Aricle
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 11:37:33 -0000
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=btinternet.com; h=Received:X-YMail-OSG:Message-ID:From:To:References:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE; b=AF0bza+hCDIdJEDfwclUqHuuVgjmOJjot75MYIc/aZ3U5RapHxKh6ENRMPnB77UVZRF3wehLNHYgRAOwhtEdfkGXE39USBDgHxmo9rOwx0IKOvzFz2EKBPLoq+O2T2BhhCFapp4RIL8x9FhvWxNf1gHJBDenP6FjLSgTFFZRw3E= ;
Domainkey-status: bad (test mode)
Sender: [email protected]
I note that he article does not say anything about the efficiency of the
power transfer!! When we are being told to unplug out cell-phone chargers
when not in use (mine does not register on my meter when the phone is not
plugged in) this would not seem to be "green" even if if it IS practicable.
Surely copper is not THAT expensive now.

It is sad that academic scientists need to over-hype work in newspapers to
retain their stipend. Of course if you dont over-hype it the newspapers wont
print it. Sadly this is leading to all scientists (and engineers) being
classed as quacks and snake-oil vendors. Remenber "cold fusion" and the
estimated numbers that would die from AIDS, and vCJD.
There is a more secure career in peddling rubbish to the masses hence the
growth in "Media Studies" to the detriment of wealth-generating science and
engineering. This seems to be one area where the "Market Economy" patently
doesnt work. I suppose it is another example of "you get what you pay for".

I hesitate to ask is this the case of another Slavic scientist trying to
take the financial backers for a ride witb radio power
transmission....didn't this happen before about 100 years ago !!

Alan G3NYK