LF: RE: miniwhip miniresults...?

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: RE: miniwhip miniresults...?
From: "Gary - G4WGT" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 10:11:44 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Scott,

My mini-whip works very well down to 10KHz & has been mounted at about 15
feet on a fibre-glass fishing pole. I can usually hear the Alpha
transmissions around 10/12KHz. It does not out-perform the 14 metre Tx
vertical for signal strength but it does for SNR. It even outperforms the
G3LNP loop except for not being directional but the difference is so minor I
am removing the loop & mounting the mini-whip higher. The big advantage for
me is that is is untuned (the Tx vert & LNP loop are tuned) & I can go
anywhere from 10KHz to 10MHz with it. The only thing I did was to ground the
coax screening where it entered the building, Oh! & just one other thing,
after accidentaly transmitting into it when it was switched to the HF Rx/Tx
so during rebuild I have increased the size of the probe & increased the
coupling capacitor values slightly to favour LF & VLF.

73

Gary - G4WGT.