LF: Math & advice

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Math & advice
From: "J. Allen" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 14:13:31 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Alan, and All,

The top atttachment for the tower end of the horizontal wires at is at 100 feet, these 390 foot long wires fan out from the vertical portion at a ~55 degree angle to eachother and the other two ends are at ~63 and ~70 feet respectively. There is ~10 ft of sag in the wires.

One person who gave me early help with the calculation said that the lower attachment points of the wires out away from the tower also lowered the effective height of the vertical portion of the antenna significantly, being as low as the lowest part of the horizontal wires, and that is how I ended up with the number 2.85 for the antenna current for 1 W ierp.

Is capacity hat wire elevation significant in the calculations?

There are now four different numbers from as many people, and I am unsure how to proceed. LF seems to be significantly art and partially science. :o)

I moved the thermocouple type RF ammeter to the line between the matching transformer and the loading coil and it reads exactly the same, 2.8 Amps.

Would it work better for me to wind a new matching transformer at the antenna on an iron or ferite core. Is a metallic core likely to improve what I am seeing? If so, would a TV core do the job? The existing XER is a bifilar wound 1:1 air solenoid type.

J.
VY1JA