LF: Re: 136kHz stns list--power

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: 136kHz stns list--power
From: "Holger 'Geri', DK8KW" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 21:55:21 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Dick,

looong ago I plotted the signal strength of all the stations that I had received on 136 kHz (http://www.qru.de/stnhrd.htm) against the distance (see http://www.qru.de/signals.html). Also Dick, PA0SE added some of his data to this analysis. It gave a pretty interesting picture about the distribution of the output ower of the European LF stations at that time. This should have changed in the meantime (for example because Germany alsoo has the permission to run 1 W ERP). It might be interesting to do such a list and plot again and compare it to the antenna and power that a station is using.

Best 73

Geri, DK8KW / DI2BO

P.S.: I am currently not readily QRV on LF because my antenna is occupied by DI2BO on 440 kHz. Other thank that: 350 Watt output and the 18 m umbrella with top-loads puts me in the 350 mW ERP class on 136 kHz (for comparison: on 440 kHz the same antenna and 130 Watt output results in a little bit more than 1 Watt ERP).