LF: top loaded vertical and trees??

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: top loaded vertical and trees??
From: "Dick" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 20:14:38 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
I think this question has been around a while ago, but can't remember exactly.

What about running an toploaded vertical in the middle of an wood?

It will be a 12m vertical wire, with an flat, pancake shaped coil on top, and additional at least 4 toploading wires
each 20m long, supported by trees.......

So, nearest tree will be over 25m away from antenna.

What about negative influence (attentuation) caused by the trees?

I'm asking this because it might be rather difficult to find a free place for the antenna in LX.

(We will be QRV 136kHz upto 10m, so lot of antennas, masts around ,hi)

Dick, pa4vhf