RE: LF: Re: antenna: how to get max. capacity

To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: LF: Re: antenna: how to get max. capacity
From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 17:04:45 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
You have the answer at the end of your e-mail. Multiple vertical
wires are good for broadbanding, but provide additional capacitance
to ground at a low height, thus reducing the effective height.
Broadbanding may have been important in an efficient commercial
station, but is unnecessary when ground resistances of 100+ohms make
the antenna broad enough.

Mike, G3XDV