Re: LF: D2008 query

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: D2008 query
From: [email protected]
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 05:54:18 EDT
Sender: [email protected]
In a message dated 14/08/2006 21:47:29 GMT Standard Time, [email protected] writes:

Alan G3NYK

------------------------snip
Hi All,

I recently purchased a Siemens D2008 Level Meter (Pegelmesser) on eB*y
with the idea of trying out some VLF experiments.  However, despite the
unit showing full health in the photos, it has arrived and now only
displays the decimal point in the freq display.
Hi Alan

I've got a 2008 and manual but both are in storage right now and access would be extremely difficult, to put it mildly.
Although I've finally moved things are still a bit disorganised and I've not got my own PC set up yet.
There may be something archived on there and I should have it running by the weekend, so will check then and come back to you.
For what it's worth, my 2008 was an ebay purchase, bought as working some time ago from the US, that also didn't work when received.
It wasn't very well packed and suffered a bit of external damage but the main problem was internal.
During transit all the spot welds along the top edge of the internal sub chassis for PCBs etc had come adrift and left it floating.
It will need to be stripped and drilled before attemping any further repair and that will have to wait until I have more time, so I can't even claim any experience yet of using it:-(

regards

Nigel
G8PZR