LF: Re: PA4VHF tests finished for now

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: PA4VHF tests finished for now
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 19:46:54 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
The SWR antenna current is an interesting effect there are several things
this could be ,.It could be that at the highest current you are providing
the right reactive load to move the PA towards Class E or even away from it.
This mode does not give best efficiency at the highest output current and
must be tuned to the "right" power level and not for max smoke.
You need to look at the DC power at each condition.....you may find you are
runing 50 % more DC power for a little more antenna current.

Sorry I was out today so not listening to your tests.
 73 Alan G3NYK