LF: PA4VHF tests finished for now

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: PA4VHF tests finished for now
From: "Dick" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 17:12:25 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Thanks Victor and Hartmut for listening, and Hartmut thanks for the screenshots.
It's the first time ever I see my callsign on a screenshot!

Equipement was about 300Watt DC input, I don't know exact output, maybe 200Watt or so.

Antenna is 3 parallel wires each 7.5m long, 40cm spacing
and about 7m above ground in between buildings.
Vertical part is also 3 parallel wires, same spacing.

Antenna current was over 1 ampere, got about 800mA with 50Watt, but couldn't measure exact value above 1Ampere.

The core heating problem is still there, but it seems less compaired to before.

When tuning the variometer I could see how the SWR changed, however with lowest SWR I didn't have the highest antenna current.
There is a little difference between these 2.
When tuning for max antennacurrent, the swr is not at it's lowest level, but a bit up, but below 1:1,5

I couldn'r run more power, because protection circuit of TX came in.
Had to reduce voltage to 42V in order to keep the TX running.

I have to change the output transformer I'm afraid.
It does work perfect into a 50Ohm dummyload, but when connected to the antenna, things are different.

Also burnt my fingers on a little metalswitch.......oeffffffff..there was strong RF present on TX case.
TX was close , within 3m of antenna.......can't advise that, hi.
Later changed that to 6m, and no more RF-on case, hi.

73

Dick, PA4VHF