LF: Re: Re: DFCW on TS450

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: Re: DFCW on TS450
From: "J. Allen" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 15:49:46 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Jim,

Yes, The concern for gradual stepping off the desired space frequency means that frequency will have to be monitored constantly when on the air. Monitoring limits the hardware approach to use in QSO's where a control operator is present and means no DFCW in beacon mode. How much frequency movement occurs, if any, will determine the size of disadvantage this approach carries.

A software approach which reads the rig frequency and applies the frequency up or down commands based on the current location would be a better future solution.

One possible solution leaves us in need of:
1, a comented Visual Basic or Java script which shows how to read and set the frequency on a TS450,
2,  software hooks into the ON7YD QRS program, and
3,  programming skill in the script(s) to be used.

Does anyone have thoughts on where to begin with items 1 and 2?

Item 3 is one of my work-related goals. I have begun learning the basics of Java programming. There is a long-buried foundation for Java in some programming forVisual Basic for Applications which I did many years ago. As I learn now, I am like an archeologist, discovering treasures hidden in the caves and cobwebs. :o)

J.