LF: Re: <more>: LF loading coils <Litz>

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: <more>: LF loading coils <Litz>
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 00:01:12 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Dave ah I had forgotten the 60m top is 2x 30m wires. Yes you seem to be
able to add tope at any point and in any direction given the minimum spacing
and you get an improvement. It is possible that 2 foot spacing would yeild a
gain at your top height though I am sure 1m would be better.

The problem is a three wire "flat-top" can be a little unweildy. Does the
flat-top sag to the connection point of the vertical section? I have always
wondered about "pushing that up" with a relatively thin insulated pole
(fishing rod?) It only has to support the weight of the vertical without
bowing. Sag is always a bit of a ploblem with an end supported "T".

Good luck with the improvements, I look forward to hearing an even bigger
signal during the winter !!

Cheers de Alan G3NYK