LF: Re: Two soundcards or one?

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Two soundcards or one?
From: Alberto di Bene <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 22:55:43 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Windows XP is even more flexible than that. Given that it virtualize the sound card, you can open the *same* sound card for input to more than one program, each with its own different sampling rate, and the same for output. All the resampling needed is done under the hood by Windows itself, sometimes with not so stellar results in terms of accuracy, but it works.

Don't try the same with Windows 98SE (RIP, M$oft has announced its death a few
days ago), it won't work...

73  Alberto  I2PHD

Peter Martinez wrote:
From G3PLX:

I don't know about earlier versions of Windows, but it's certainly possible in XP to open a soundcard for input in one program, and open the SAME soundcard for output in another program. I do it all the time.

So it should be possible to send DFCW in one program and receive something else into another program, both at the same time, and without needing two soundcards.

73
Peter

.