RE: LF: RE: DFCW on TS450

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: LF: RE: DFCW on TS450
From: "Gary - G4WGT" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 21:32:39 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Wolf & Peter,

-----Original Message-----
Ummm... that's what I was hoping when I bought a soundblaster Audigy "in
addition" to the on-board device. The first thing the Creative driver
did during install was disable the old on-board audio device ! Grrrr....
guess they do that because there is usually an I/O address conflict, or
same interrupt, or the like. Whatever I tried, a peaceful co-existence
of both cards seemed impossible.

But no trouble if the second soundcard was connected to the USB port
(tried it with a "Soundblaster Extigy", which is rather cheap these
days). The only concern is will the PC be fast enough to handle
everything without drop-outs.

73,
  Wolf DL4YHF .

Wolf,
I have an onboard AC97 & a PCI AC97 (Windows XP) & no problems.
Gary - G4WGT.