LF: Re: DFCW TS450 FSK shift adjustment HELP?

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: DFCW TS450 FSK shift adjustment HELP?
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 23:57:07 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi J, Is it stable enough for that ??
Even at 60 sec dots you dont need go so low. 1Hz shift is quite readable if
you are not bothered about fitting into a narrow slot. I dont know the
TS-450 but I think the FSK may be produced by adding DC keying to the PLL
Loop so it may be a soldering iron mod. If it is, one thing to watch is that
you dont want to be conveying small keying signals (for a small shift) over
long lengths of wire. So put a potential divider right at the addition point
in the PLL loop and feed a bigger DC shift to it for keying. That will give
you a better noise margin.

Cheers de Alan G3NYK