LF: Re: Cutting Torroid cores

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: Cutting Torroid cores
From: "MIKE REID" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 01:51:48 -0500
Sender: [email protected]
Maybe better to find a TV or big monitor flyback transformer with the split ferrite core? I tool one apart a few months ago and to my surprise, it came apart easily even the glue let go without damaging the cores. If you have spare toroids then by all means try the wet saw. Go slow and see what happens. Maybe try some cheep little cores first and see what happens? It'll be interesting to read your results tomorrow...

Lots-o-luck!!!

Mike