Re:LF:Spark

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re:LF:Spark
From: "J. B. Weazle McCreath" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 02:10:56 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Warren, LFers,

I had to think about your comments for a few minutes, but I would have
to say it's the rigs I've built by hand that have given me the biggest and
best thrills.  My very first homebrew receiver, which I still have, was a
simple 1N34 detector followed by a 2N107 audio stage into a pair of
"head crusher" 2000 ohm 'phones.  I still recall 50 years later the thrill
of hearing WLS in Chicago as the first signal it picked up.  I built all of
it save for cutting the wood for the "chassis" and front panel, as my dad
thought a seven-year-old and a table saw wasn't a good combination!

73, J.B., VE3EAR - VE3WZL
Solar and wind powered
EN93dr