Re: LF: LF/HF/VHF Spark?!

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: LF/HF/VHF Spark?!
From: Peter Dodd <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 00:44:28 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Martin Mac Gregor wrote:

The point of this saga...

Latterly we discovered that Industry Canada (DOC) had too become involved on
an investigative basis; we learned that during our exhibitions, local
broadcasting and even low band TV in the immediate locale was reportedly
obliterated but certainly interfered with.
One weekend, during the early experiments on 136kHz from Amberley museum, we had a group come and give a demonstration of Tesla coils. I set up a mobile receiving station that had the ablility to tune from 70 to 180kHz (the fundemental frequencies of these coils) to see how strong the electromagnetic radiation from these coils would be. I couldn't receive anything, even when the mobile receiver was located 200m from a coil giving off a one metre length spark. I don't think the receiver setup was that deaf because I could hear the usual commercial and broadcast stations in the band. These results certainly surprised me - perhaps I should have looked in the VHF bands.

Peter, G3LDO