Re: LF: Re: LF LOW

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: LF LOW
From: "John RABSON" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 12:11:01 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
See Mal's remarks below: where are the black box appliances which I can buy for
136kHz?  Or walkie-talkies for 1.3GHz?

If you can't buy commercial equipment, you have to build it. Perhaps Mal would
regard the above bands and the higher microwave ones as the last refuge of
"real" amateur radio.  For my part, I have noticed in recent years an upsurge
of operation on 7MHz CW by M3s.

As far as the ability to build something is concerned, I believe the
Intermediate and Full UK licence exam require candidates to build something.
Last year my local radio club in Suffolk was going through a Health & Safety
review because the students needed to be able to solder.

F5VLF/G3PAI