Re: LF: Re: LF LOW

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: LF LOW
From: [email protected]
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 18:52:09 EDT
Sender: [email protected]
Attitude! Attitude! Attitude!

My own deeply held belief is that the genuine radio amateur is motivated by a deep curiosity.
This curosity is centered around the concept of using radio as a primary medium of communication but NOT to the exclusion of any interest grouping or sub-grouping.
For some it is a curiosity of one's fellow man across a country, region or globe. For others it is a curiosity about things technical or scientific. For some it is a curiosity and search for self-knowledge using a combination of technical and commuications skills.
This diversity of activity and interest is manifest in a variety of ways as acccountable and differentiated as almost the sum of the number of those individuals employed, involved and invested in the pursuit.

But does it really matter who what or why?

It is a truism that (no matter who originatedthe phrase)  " 'tis a far better thing we do than that which we might have ever done" !

We might just have wasted our time but we did not!

We lived and experienced being alive and dippd our toes in the great ocean ofnatural science.
That we did it as part of a global community of like-minded people is one of the wonders of our achievement.

Let's face it who needs Windows and Gates ? they are both transparent to RF!

And, as for "instant messaging"...................................if someone would just reply when i call CQ we'd have that one cracked too!

73 de pat g4gvw