Re: LF: Top load coil at ground level?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Top load coil at ground level?
From: [email protected]
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 14:00:24 EDT
Sender: [email protected]
In a message dated 20/04/2006 17:03:50 GMT Daylight Time, [email protected] writes:
Actually, it's a propagation problem.  Some mail systems don't like to handle multiple attachments, and enclosed them in a Zip file.  Usually this works fine.  Unfortunately, there's something about the way multiple file attachments are encoded when passing through this reflector that AOL doesn't seem to understand, so what they zip up for me is the raw MIME-encoded attachments, without reconverting them to their original formats and filenames.

Single files pass through OK.  Therefore, since I'm apparently not the only person who encountered this, may I suggest either sending single files per message, or zipping them into a single file prior to transmission.
Hi John

AOL can often be a pain on this and did it to me too but, with Winzip anyway, the files can still be read.
When I opened the original zip file that AOL had wrapped them in there were the two mim files you mentioned.
Winzip sees these as compressed files too so double clicking either from within Winzip, I didn't bother to extract them first, starts up another Winzip session which opens up the selected file to reveal the jpg inside, which can then also be opened from within the archive.
Messy yes, but it did work ok.
However, I would agree that creating a single zip file before transmission is the easiest way to avoid problems.

regards

Nigel
G8PZR