Re: LF: RE: Re: RE: 18.5 kHz in CT

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: RE: Re: RE: 18.5 kHz in CT
From: "James Moritz" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 10:49:21 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Dear Mike, LF Group,

I once tried tuning up my LF TX wire on 909kHz, the  frequency of the
nearest of the broadcast TXs at Brookmans Park (about 500m away). This lit a
60W bulb, but I can't reccomend it as a source of illumination, since it
flickered a lot with the modulation envelope. Should be OK with FSK or MSK
signals though.

At this QTH, when connecting an antenna to a receiver, it is important to
remember there is potentially only 30 - 40 dB attenuation between the RX
input and the Radio 5 Live TX output...

Cheers, Jim Moritz
73 de M0BMU