Re: LF: HELL CQ - Who?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: HELL CQ - Who?
From: Wolf DL4YHF <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 15:57:36 +0000
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Gary,

Yes it was me, operating REMOTELY (! - more on that below) from DK4U .
Will call again now (back at DK4U), maybe we can have a 2-way contact.

Some background info:
I am back at the club station now, and just typing this email on my home-PC but remotely controlled from the clubstation (via wireless link). There is a freeware called UltraVNC which does an excellent job, and its blazingly fast. The audio stream are sent through Spectrum Lab in (almost) real-time using a simple UDP control. RX/TX switch and all that via software. One of the things I haven't manage to control remotely is the antenna tuner - would need a webcam and a servo for that, but too much for this old 266-MHz-Pentium II. So the experiment a few hours ago was a bit hazardous but fun; more seriously I want to use this remote-control system for overnight reception. Maybe the last chance to catch some TA signals, since the temperatures made a large step up (almost 10�C higher than yesterday).

Best regards,
Wolf DL4YHF / DK4U /

Gary - G4WGT schrieb:

Hi LF,

Just switched my display back ti SpecLab just in time to see a CQ in HELL go
off the screen, saw CQ DK???? but neede a little more brightness to read it.

Regards,

Gary - G4WGT - IO83qp

Web : http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/wgtaylor