Re: LF: HELL CQ - Who?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: HELL CQ - Who?
From: Wolf DL4YHF <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 19:48:24 +0000
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Gary,
Well you may try a Hell variant which doesn't require a linear TX: "Sequential" multitone Hell. The tone has always the same amplitude, and it simply hops between the frequencies to form the dots of a character. It doesn't look as good as Markus' Chirped Hell, but it works. The mode is implemented in SL, and in other dedicated Hell programs.

I still have the remotely controlled station running (home again, in my easy chair..) but I don't dare to transmit now because the only "monitor" I have is a receiver. I cannot see how good (or bad) the SWR is, and I don't have a webcam to check for smoke ;-)

G3WCB is very nice copy (at DK4U) at this very moment, but not decipherable with my indoor antenna (at DL4YHF).

Will let the system running for John's WOLF tonight, hoping the WLAN-audio link from DK4U to my home QTH doesn't brake down.

Best regards,
 Wolf  DL4YHF .

Gary - G4WGT schrieb:

Hi Wolf,

Did not get chance for further activity on 136 due to family matters but
very interested to read about your remote operating.
It would be good to get into HELL but I don't believe the G0MRF Tx (class D)
is suitable. I will keep looking & report any activity I see.

Regards,

Gary - G4WGT - IO83qp

Web : http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/wgtaylor