Re: LF: Common Mode Noise on Feedline...

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Common Mode Noise on Feedline...
From: "Roelof Bakker" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 09:41:23 +0100
Delivery-date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 08:41:48 +0000
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Peter,

I have been experimenting with an isolating transformer in the past. It was mounted in a plastic enclosure and stray capacitance was kept to a minimum. It did not work properly. An other disadvantage is that for a practical transformer VLF performance is suffering quite a bit.

I have measured the source of the noise, using a battery powered SLM. It appeared that the noise was picked up on the shield of the coax running inside the house. Connecting the shield to a good radio earth before entering the house, solved my noise problem.

Best regards,

Roelof Bakker, pa0rdt