Re: LF: TA

To: [email protected], [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: TA
From: Warren K2ORS/WD2XGJ <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 14:53:06 +0000
Cc: Joe Craig <[email protected]>
Delivery-date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 14:54:22 +0000
Sender: [email protected]

Joe,

  Why only 2 of 3 PA modules operating? Is there a problem with the third
module? Do you need any parts for it, let me know I have a few spare parts.

--
73 Warren K2ORS/WD2XGJ
FN42hi

From: Joe Craig <[email protected]>
Dear Group,

Many thanks to DF6NM F1AFJ F1YG G3NYK G3YXM G4WGT HA6PX Hartmut Wolff
KI0LE M0BMU PA0RDT RU6LA W3EEE and WE0H for their signal reports
or operating on-line monitors for the signals from VO1NA on 137.777 kHz.

I've been running 500 watts from a Decca amp modified by G3LDO
with 2 of the 3 PA modules operating. The home-built power supply
appears to be working well with only the rectifier getting a bit
hot to touch after a 'brick on the key' for 15 minutes.

The aerial is 100 metres of wire up about 10 metres.  The current
ranges from about 2.5 to 3.1 amps, depending on the climate. It
takes about 2 mH to tune it and it loads at about 50-70 ohms so
the earthing needs improvement.

73 to all
Joe