Re: LF: Slow BPSK Test

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Slow BPSK Test
From: "Scott Tilley" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 15:07:03 -0800
Delivery-date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 23:06:12 +0000
Sender: [email protected]
Markus

I have similar images of various blue/violet arcs in the sky. However the best story is this... When I was commissioning this antenna for the first time I created a large orange fire ball in the sky.  The story starts innocent enough with me in the shack sending dits... I noticed that my HF rig was going nuts with noise and an odd orange glow appeared in phase with my keying on the neighbours wall outside my shack window...

So being the smart guy I am I locked the key down and walked outside and to my horror there was a large ball of flame in the sky above my garage.  At this point a light bulb went on in my head and I made the connection between orange glow, noise and keying...

Needless to say I RAN back to the shack and unkeyed the TX.

The problem was two // pieces of wire with insulation still on... The insulation vapourized resulting in the orange fire ball.  The neighbour commented later that if I planned on doing that again would I do it in the daytime so it didn't dazzle him.

I'm sure as I push the 2KW mark I'll top that on ;-)

I'll find a spot near John and give it a go.  Maybe ten minute on 5 off then switch phase...

73 Scott