Re: LF: QRSS elements

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: QRSS elements
From: John Andrews <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 14:20:20 +0000
Delivery-date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 14:20:45 +0000
Sender: [email protected]
Mike,

Let me backtrack, as I didn't state the situation fully in yesterday's message. I was not trying to equate DFCW with 90 second elements to QRSS30! The issue is only about appearance on the screen. Most of the Argo shots I've seen of the 137.778 window have been set to 30 second dots, SLOW. This mode sharpens things up a bit, and gives a longer screen time. But a signal only made up of 30 second elements, such as DFCW, looks a little "thin." <g> So I've been lengthening the elements for the "XES" callsign to 90 seconds, and the result has looked good on these screens. It also better fits the hours-long screens that Hartmut produces. Given the preponderance of dots in "XES", the length of the callsign is similar to QRSS30.

That's all...I wasn't attempting to make any statement about the equivalence of the data rates.

John Andrews, W1TAG