Re: LF: 137.62 kHz on the 10th 1430z

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: 137.62 kHz on the 10th 1430z
From: Jean-Pierre Godet <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 19:32:58 +0100 (CET)
Delivery-date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 18:34:18 +0000
Sender: [email protected]

On Tue, 10 Jan 2006, Alan Melia wrote:

Hi all, does anyone claim the signal on about 137.62 (drifting slightly HF
abt 1Hz per 2 mins with 0.7Hz sidebands....which might be beats as it
crosses a Loran line) ?? It is a good strength here in eastern England.

  Hello Alan and all,

May be quite another thing... And it was a little bit on a higher frequency. I was testing the accuracy and stability of my receiver on the 137,713.56 Hz Loran line from Lessay in a 10 Hz windows (137,711 ==> 137,721 Hz). Something very strong, about 1 Hz wide, moving high, crossed the window in about a quarter of hour. Never seen such a thing. Although I'm living in a very quiet place, with a very low level of noise, I persuaded myself that it was a spurious.

I so believed it was a spurious, it was so incredible, that I cannot be more accurate : It was at the end of the afternoon, I did not captured the waterfall screen, a large line, very straight was building in the SpecLab screen moving with a little angle high and crossing all the screen. The level here in the North West of France was 20/30 dB above the noise level.

Without the post from Alan, I should be afraid to write such a thing on the reflector.

  My friends, excuse me for my poor English.

  73 Alan and all !

  Jean-Pierre - f5yg

--
Jean-Pierre Godet - Powered by Linux (Slackware 10.0 - kernel 2.4.26)