LF: new aerial

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: new aerial
From: [email protected]
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 16:11:57 +0100
Delivery-date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 15:13:00 +0000
Sender: [email protected]
Hi all,

I designed a LF loop - 8m high - 11,30m long - 2,5m over the soil - four
parallel windings - 3mm insulated Litze (thus length is 155m). It looks like an
extra large one-layer-coil (pitch: 14 to 15cm).

O.k. It functioned. But the vertical (12m high with elevated coil and three
horizontal lines - two 70m long  and one 30m - workes better. The signs, which
roar over here from VO and from W, were on the average stronger (2 to 5dB).

I changed the construction of the loop: The condenser was removed. An end of the
loop wire is directly, the other one over a toroid coil grounded. The coil
consists of 15 windings. I found the Z50 Ohm point at the third winding of this
coil (counted from earth connection).

With this construction I am very content. It works as well as and sometimes
better than the vertical one.

But what is it? It works nondirectionally, thus no KAZ. Is it a mini Beverage?

Samuel help! I do not know, what I did.

Regards
Uwe/dj8wx