Re: LF: Xmas LF Acty

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Xmas LF Acty
From: John Andrews <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 12:50:24 -0500
Delivery-date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 17:52:20 +0000
Sender: [email protected]
Jim,

That's good news! However, the area around 135.92 kHz has now become useless in the U.S. and Canada due to a west coast military station. We have suggested 136.318 kHz as an alternative, and CT1DRP will be trying it tonight. That frequency should be clear of Loran lines for about +/-2 Hz in the eastern and central U.S. If you pick a spot in that range, a number of us will be watching.

John Andrews, W1TAG/WD2XES

James Moritz wrote:
Dear LF Group,
I have now reassembled my LF station and am now QRV again. It looks like being a calm night weather-wise, so the antenna should stay up. So I will put out some T/A beacon signals tonight from around 2300utc onwards for a few hours at least. I will try QRSS30 on about 135.922kHz +/-, with about 1W ERP, unless anyone has any more interesting suggestions before then. Any reports will be very welcome. Cheers, Jim Moritz
73 de M0BMU