LF: Re: ZM2E LF DX

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: ZM2E LF DX
From: "Vernall" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 13:39:44 +1300
Delivery-date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 01:25:18 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi all,

Confirming ZM2E had an active night transmitting wise, got part of the VA7LF
call sign and there were problems for R6L (RU6LA special call sign)
transmitting when it came to QSO time.

Around 0840 UTC we received quite a good 7 at 120 second dot length and
elements either side fitted what would be VA7LF, but that part call sign was
the best we got in all the various receiving times for ZM2E before Gulf
Island sunrise.

When it came time to try R6L we were advised by HF liaison that R6L had
problems, and we should start the QSO rather than the earlier arrangement
that R6L would start at 1500 UTC.  We later got advice to go to beacon mode
so at 1637 UTC we set the message to ZM2E ZM2E .... and got to bed earlier
than expected.  The beacon ran till well after ZL sunrise.

From the other reports it would seem DX propagation was "not good".

We are back tonight for another bite at the cherry.

73, Bob ZL2CA and Mike ZL4OL