LF: Re: Re: Re: Special Event Station MB2HFC 7/8/9 Oct.

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Re: Re: Special Event Station MB2HFC 7/8/9 Oct.
From: "DEREK ATTER" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 21:29:18 +0100
Delivery-date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 21:29:47 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hello William, PA0WFO,

Thanks for your report on our signals from MB2HFC at the HFC convention.  I did hear your signals briefly through the local noise and the Loran QRM and I thought that you were calling us but readability at that time was very poor. At that time, Jim M0BMU not yet managed to deploy the receiving loop with the Loran null canceller in a quiet spot which turned out to be some 200m away from the main Hotel building!   Later in the afternoon reception was much better when the loop was in use.   We also had local noise on the alternative receiving channel on 2m relayed from the remote receiver at MB7LF which we later managed to reduce by moving the 2m HB9CV beam antenna further away from the building.

Activity was disappointingly low but we managed to work a number of DLs plus PA0SE and several G stations - some on QRSS . Apologies to any stations who may have called us without success due to our noise problem. The station was not permanently manned because the operators were at times attending some of the interesting lectures during the day and also attending the Conference dinner on Saturday evening.

73,  Derek Atter  G3GRO