LF: Re: Re: Request for information.

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Re: Request for information.
From: "Andy" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 14:52:23 +0100
Cc: "Me Work" <[email protected]>
Delivery-date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 14:57:29 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
John -
Yes please, if you could send the screen dumps and info to my  work email
address (its faster) -- [email protected]

I'm surprised that you say the improvement with Africam was not that
significant.   Surely, the biggest problem with any coherent scheme like PSK
is maintaining symbol timing and carrier lock.  Certainly the timing can be
determined exactly, on a continuous basis, and most of the coherency issue
is resolvable too, so surely now that all the non-linear processing elements
of PSK reception have gone away shouldn't the net gain be potentially
massive ?

As I may have said at the time,  G0TJZ's chirpsounder monitoring software
makes use of the 1PPS from a GPS Rx fed to the soundcard and is  very
definitely a fully coherent system - albeit only to about 125us timing
resolution as a function of sampling at 8kHz

Andy  G4JNT