LF: Re: Re: Re: Request for information.

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Re: Re: Request for information.
From: "John Andrews" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 11:09:15 -0400
Delivery-date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 16:08:52 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Andy,

Yes please, if you could send the screen dumps and info to my  work email
address (its faster) -- [email protected]

Will do, hopefully tonight.

I'm surprised that you say the improvement with Africam was not that
significant.

I'll go with Bill's reply on that one. Frankly, I think a few of us had very
high expectations that were not realistic. That's certainly not Bill's
fault! I would very much like to revisit the method, though I'm nervous
about doing unshaped keying with my current higher power at any but the
lowest data rates. Having linear PA, it's been nice to take advantage of the
envelope shaping that the sound card programmers have provided.

One side benefit of the project was acquiring an HP Z3801A receiver which
provides the GPS-disciplined 10 MHz output that I use with my DDS exciter.
Very nice.

John Andrews