Re: LF: 136 khz acty Sunday

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: 136 khz acty Sunday
From: Warren K2ORS/WD2XGJ <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2005 19:56:48 +0000
Delivery-date: Sun, 07 Aug 2005 20:57:18 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Mike,
 I bought one of those DK9SQ telescoping masts a couple of years ago. Yes, its very
light but also very weak The top section is maybe 1/4" diameter. I was able to
(just barely) get it to hold up a 75m dipole made up of #20 insulated wire fed with
300 ohm tv twin lead, I used fishing line instead of rope at the dipole ends. I used
the mast as a center support, and it still bent a bit under the weight of the very
light dipole. Also, there is no locking mechanism on the telescoping sections, to
prevent it from collapsing on itself I had to put a piece of tape accross each of
the lower sections.

--
73 Warren K2ORS/WD2XGJ
FN42hi