LF: Re: RE: 500KHz/600m Proposal

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: RE: 500KHz/600m Proposal
From: "Steve McDonald" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 15:31:11 -0700
Delivery-date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 23:27:22 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

John - many thanks indeed. I am sure this information will be helpful. Do you know of any other countries that are considering a 600m slot for amateurs?
I posted a note to this reflector that was written for the RSGB's Spectrum Forum the other day - maybe you and others haven't seen it. The position in the UK is that the RSGB submitted a proposal for access to frequencies around 500kHz, see http://www.rsgb-spectrumforum.org.uk/mf.htm.  This is fairly self-explainatory.  The proposal is still being considered by our regulator, Ofcom.

Elsewhere, Walter, DJ2LF has a special permit for the current year for a beacon, DI2AG, that transmits on 440.044kHz.

73 John, G3WKL