LF: cores

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: cores
From: "hamilton mal" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 14:43:52 +0100
Delivery-date: Wed, 18 May 2005 15:45:31 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi All
Another anomaly about these ferrite transformers. I wound a 3c type core with a Sec of 24 turns and measured it to be 1.38 mh then over wound this with the prim of 8 turns, this reduced the Sec to 982 uh with a prim of 110 uh. The ratio is about right x9 for a 1:3 ratio. I suppose meaurements should only be made when the transformer is complete with all windings, but it does show the effects of multiple windings over a single layer.
Except one has a lot of test equipment it seems most dabblers are working in the dark especially at LF, no wonder there are so many BANGS especially the FETS!!!!!!!1
To guarantee a robust no bang amplifier maybe TUBES are still the best bet.
From messages received it appears to be that as long as the ratio Prim /Sec is correct the ferrite material is not important but then why such a variety of different core material, although I do realise that certain other ccts at HF work better with a particular core mix.
I could do with some design literature written by others that  have experience in the ferrite  transformer research field.
 73 de Mal/G3KEV