Re: LF: RE: Re: TA APR 28/29

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: RE: Re: TA APR 28/29
From: "John Andrews" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 13:25:24 -0400
Delivery-date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 18:14:01 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Wolf,

I would vote for a selection of 15 or 30 minutes for a QSO format. When Dex
and I did the original WOLF QSO, we worked on a 30 minute basis. Since the
GUI wasn't available, that was 20 minutes of recording, and 10 minutes for
playback, analysis and coding of the next message. At 15 or 30 minutes with
the GUI, short and long haul QSO's could be accommodated. It would be MUCH
easier now!

Lest anyone despair about the long times involved, it would take 15 minutes
to send the string "PARIS PARIS PAR" at QRSS7. Considering that our messages
include numbers, the throughput would be better. Dave's "G3YXM 300W WOLF"
from last night would have to have been sent faster than QRSS5.

John Andrews