Re: LF: Crossing the pond with a Part 15 signal level (was WOLF sources

To: John Andrews <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Crossing the pond with a Part 15 signal level (was WOLF sources)
From: Hartmut Wolff <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 17:53:19 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hi all,

Europe 1 is officially off from 0000 to approximately 0300, but there is
frequently a dead carrier for part of that time. Sometimes the audio
restarts before 0300, as well.

Europe 1 is now 2300-0200 off (during Eu summertime). In the past
weeks I noted no carrier in that time. A dead carrier would have been
not a problem with AGC off.

 The sidebands are annoying over here -- I
can't imagine what they must be like on the other side of the pond. As I
recall, the audio frequency response of these AM stations is limited to 5
kHz (or was it 4.5 kHz?).

This is the problem for the reception on 185 kHz. The audio should be
limited to 4.5 kHz but most of the stations transmitting a broader
sideband, up to 6 kHz.

 How bad is the interference in EU from the Iceland
station on 189?

During the winter I have reception of the Iceland station 24/7.

Despite the sideband splatter from 189 kHz, 183kHz and 177 kHz
reception is possible using very low FFT bandwidth.

Hartmut

Locator:JO52ho
www.h-wolff.de