Re: RE: LF: Re: ZL

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: RE: LF: Re: ZL
From: Lawrence Mayhead G3AQC <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 13:34:47 +0200 (CEST)
Sender: [email protected]

Message date : Mar 29 2005, 10:19 PM
From : "Laurence KL1X"
To : [email protected]
Copy to :
Subject : RE: LF: Re: ZL
Mike and others in ZL - are there any listeners in VK that could be
persuaded to caste-an-ear on 136Khz? I know your a long way from VK and
probable dont want to associate (!) but you are closer than me...

Laurence KL1X/5
WD2XDW status http://myweb.cableone.net/flow

It would be very helpful to have the possibility of a recieving station in VK
The path from the UK to ZL is a very difficult one and not just because of the distance. Mutual darkness is minimal, at this time of year neither end is really dark. Also the path from southern England to ZL goes very far north in fact into the Auroral zone and further, this far north there is no darkness anyway so presumably quite a lot of absorbtion. I shall keep on trying so long as conditions are favourable,but if anyone knows a VK ham who could be persuaded to have a go it would be great.

73 Laurie.

Whatever you Wanadoo