Re: LF: Re: WD2XES WOLF

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: WD2XES WOLF
From: "John Andrews" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 09:12:01 -0500
Sender: [email protected]
Hartmut,

Wow! I did not really expect that we would pull this off. Congratulations!
To my knowledge, my copy of M0BMU  (in 2001?) is the only other T/A WOLF
reception.

What time was the recording made?

Some hints:

1. On Windows 95 and 98, there are some buttons at the top of the MS-DOS
screen that allow you to mark (with the mouse) and copy text. On the newer
versions of Windows, click the colored MSDOS logo in the top left corner.
Then click Edit, and you can mark and copy text.

2. Another approach is to add " >filename " (no quotes) at the end of the
WOLF command line, and the text output will be redirected to the file name
that you use.

3. The "pm" values are quite low on your screen. For WOLF, run a fairly high
recording level, maybe only 6 dB below maximum. The bulk of the audio is
noise, and the actual signal is many dB down. If you use too much level, the
"pm" values will increase in steps of 4096, indicating overload.

4. By the looks of the other parameters, you appear to be OK for frequency
and sampling rate. That is a problem for many users, but you are doing it
correctly.

John Andrews