LF: Static Background

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Static Background
From: [email protected]
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 20:50:50 EST
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Alan and LF Group,

the noise on the colour DF looks like a green background (distant crackle from ~260°, Central Atlantic?), with some distinct yellow crashes on top (180°, Italy?) - all in all a rather typical constellation I have seen during many nights, especially at times of good long-range propagation. What seems unusual tonight is the overwhelming intensity of Luxembourg effect on DCF39.

73 and good night

Markus

In einer eMail vom 06.03.2005 02:05:10 Westeuropäische Normalzeit schreibt [email protected]:

This cold East wind we have been having recently really seems to have
produced a lot of noise. The lightning map shows that the only storms are
down in the central Med around Italy, but I have had to reduce the
sensitivity on my capture screen so that I dont think I will see John and
Warren it they active. May be we are getting noise from Jay's storm off the
Carolina coast

Cheers de Alan G3NYK