Re: Re[2]: LF: Off Topic Ft101zd

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Re[2]: LF: Off Topic Ft101zd
From: "hamilton mal" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 19:28:49 -0000
Sender: [email protected]

----- Original Message -----
From: "Roger1" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Saturday, February 26, 2005 2:29 PM

I enjoyed the comments about the impoverished schoolboy, I was one myself
when I joined the RSGB in the early 1930s and nearly everything in my shack
(strictly an upstairs bedroom) was home made, That was real HAM radio'
73 de Roger, G2AJV.

Today we have an abundance of APPLIANCE OPERATORS and no RADIO AMATEURS.
Most of todays AO's never heard of a fuse or a PL259, if the box goes wrong
it goes back to the the supplier just like the TOASTER or the KETTLE and do
not mention the MORSE CODE for communications, or a Dictionary, the
vocabulary now consists of several phrases used over and over again and
usually spoken in a GARBLE.
Listen on 80 metres for a sample.
G3KEV

73 de Mal/G3KEV