Re: LF: Plams de VY1JA

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Plams de VY1JA
From: "Marek Przybyszewski" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 22:45:33 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
I now have two programmable divider chips and plan to make the divide by 100 to use my FT990 as a VFO.

Hello, I've been using FT990 as a VFO as well: 10 W from the TRX running on ~13.77 MHz to a 50 Ohm / 10 W resistor network and a divider on a 74HC390, signal first shaped by some potentiometer and NAND gates (I don't remember which ones). Worked OK, the only pain was that the 137 kHz output (probably coils 2m away) tended to influence the divider, so a lot of grounding and shielding had to be added for this combination to work flawlessly. Later on I found that the power of FT990 may be further reduced below 10 W by using the ALC jack... but I didn't try this.

GL & 73! de Marek SQ5BPM WWYC#195
SP5ZCC Scouts Radio Club

Film Romana Polanskiego. Dramat cierpienia, upokorzenia i pragnienia zemsty. Smierc i dziewczyna juz na DVD i Wideo.
http://klik.wp.pl/?adr=www.film.wp.pl%2Fp%2Ffilm.html%3Fid%3D10662&sid=306