LF: Signals for RA9MB

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Signals for RA9MB
From: [email protected]
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 12:20:34 EST
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Alex, LF Group,

congratulations on the successful reception of SM6BHZ and probably RA3YO, matching Hartmuts report of "RA".

Trying to add in another signal for you, I am planning to beacon in QRSS 60 mode from 17:30 today on 137715.0, exactly 5 Hz above Gus. Hope I won't cause too much QRM in the QRSS band - I will use soft transitions to restrict keying sidebands, but there is always the possibility of IMP's from receiver AGC action when more than one strong signal is present in the passband. If a problem shows up, please notify me between my dashes or via email.

I am not quite sure about the time and frequency scales of your waterfall screenshots. I understand your FFT has 0.13 Hz resolution, is this reproduced in the image as 1 pixel per FFT bin? And what is the reason for the fine vertical grid? It seems that the (incoherent?) averaging is now set to 24 s/pixel. Is there no temporal overlap between consecutive FFT windows?

73 and best wishes

Markus,
DF6NM in JN59NK