LF: Re: Frequency - List ?

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Frequency - List ?
From: "James Moritz" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 20:41:56 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Dear Uwe, LF Group,

There are 3 (?) alpha beacons, each one transmits on the 3 frequencies in a repeating sequence. The sequence is made up of 6 time slots of 0.4s with a 0.2s gap between them. So if a beacon transmits in one of the time slots, it sounds like a dash, or if no beacon transmits in that time slot, it sounds like a space. The signal strength of each dash varies, depending on which beacon is transmitting, and how far it is from your QTH. Also the sequence is different on the 3 frequencies -at my QTH, at present I hear:

11.905kHz "T O", with the T stronger than the O,
12.649kHz "T T", with the second T strongest
14.881kHz "T M", with the T stronger than the M

If you can listen in a 3kHz bandwidth to all 3 frequencies at the same time, it becomes more obvious.

Cheers, Jim Moritz
73 de M0BMU