Re: LF: OB: Fast Jason experiment on 80m

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: OB: Fast Jason experiment on 80m
From: Alberto di Bene <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 15:37:01 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Z-usanet-msgid: XID071JaeoK80362X28
Johan Bodin wrote:

Hi Alberto,

thanks for the report!

I also got reports from

  Steinar LA5VNA in JO59JQ
  Hartmut in JO52HO
  Pierre ON5SL in JO10TT

but your report was the best DX :o)

Hi Johan

and it could have been still better, had I not had that pesky QRN that kept
my S-meter pinned at S9... the JRC noise blanker was completely ineffective
against it. It was similar to that caused by a dimmer in my living room, which
yesterday night was duly kept switched off. May some neighbour has a new

73  Alberto  I2PHD
P.S. This afternoon the electrical company  has changed my meter with one
of the new type, remotely read and controlled via low frequencies carried by
the power wires. I do hope I won't have any added QRM from that...
I noticed that they are externally programmable via an infrared port on the
body of the meter itself.... now, almost every laptop nowadays has an
infrared port.... time to put on again my old hacker hat, not used since many years...:-)